Yes you can SEO your Facebook Business Page
This is a great place to start and you can do it yourself.
1. Name your page with keywords in mind. If your potential viewers are going to look for you by your company name then that would be the smartest name for your page. Especially if it is a branded name such as Gap, Oreo, Macy’s. My registered business name is Stand Out Social Media LLC. But my Facebook page name is Custom Landing Pages. That is we do. We specialize in Custom Landing Pages for businesses on Facebook. We named our page strictly with SEO in mind. No one is looking for Stand Out Social Media.
2. Lock in your Facebook page “Vanity URL”. There is no point in making a page unless you want people to find you, like you and do business with you. The best way to lock in your Facebook URL is to go to the Facebook.com/usernames page. Did I mention you first need to get 25 people to “Like” your page. Then type in the YourPageName. If it is available LOCK IT IN! This is search engine rank-able. It is a true domain name and a real web address. You can even shorten it up by using fb.com.
(Facebook paid 8 million dollars to the Farmers Bureau for the fb.com url. Bet you wish you bought that domain name) You can use the fb.com/YourPageName on your business card or any where you want to advertise it. Always remember to put the http:// before any www web-address… in order to make it a link.
3. Now that you have your page name locked in, lets start building some rich content in your Info Tab… Here is where you want to use as many search-able terms and keywords as possible. Make sure you link your off Facebook websites back here. You should also place all of your other social media links here as well. (Twitter, YouTube, MySpace, Blogs)
4. Under your Business Page profile picture there is a box called Information. This is also a great place to use keywords. Here is an example of what our page information says. You will notice we are telling everyone what we do and it is keyword enriched. Example: “Thank you for visiting!
We create Business Facebook Fan Pages that have a custom landing page to promote deals and welcome new fans…”
5. Now I told you what to do in number 4 with the information box. You can change it once a week to keep fresh new relative content that is search-able. Always keeping in mind this area should be keyword loaded. You can also use this area for links and contact information.
6. Another way to get even better SEO is to include meta tags in your landing page photo fbml code. If you do not know html then this would be something you would need to learn. It has been said it is just like learning another language. If you do know how to code, you can load up some serious keywords just by adding – alt=”all the keywords galore” inside your code. This is one example.
7. Post your high priority links such as your off Facebook website, Blog, Twitter account and Your YouTube channel anywhere you can, when ever you can. NOW MOST IMPORTANT make sure all of your other social media sites have your Facebook link attached to them in appropriate places. This is also covered in our fb-bootcamp series.
Seven is my lucky number so I am going to stop here and wish you the best of luck optimizing your business page on Facebook.